Read More –
The Planning Commission meets the 1st Thursday of every month and is authorized to carry out the following duties under 24 VSA §4325:
– Prepare a plan for consideration by the legislative body and to review any amendments
– Prepare and present to the legislative body proposed bylaws and make recommendations to the legislative body on proposed amendments to such bylaws
– Undertake capacity studies and make recommendations on matters of land development, urban renewal, transportation, economic and social development, urban beautification and design improvements, historic and scenic preservation, the conservation of energy and the development of renewable energy resources and wetland protection.
– Prepare and present to the legislative body recommended building, plumbing, fire, electrical, housing, and related codes and enforcement procedures, and construction specifications for streets and related public improvements.
– Prepare and present a recommended capital budget and program for a period of five years
– Undertake comprehensive planning, including related preliminary planning and engineering studies
Charles Marian, Chair
Cabot Town Plan
A Town Plan identifies goals and strategies for maintaining, improving, and developing a livable community. Although Cabot is not required to adopt a Town Plan, doing so affords it
a voice in the way the town grows and develops. An approved Town Plan enables the
citizens of Cabot to have a legal say over both private and State land use decisions in the
Town. State statutes grant the plan great weight in determining whether development
projects subject to Act 250 are approved, and the conditions applied to approval.