Help us celebrate the 100th birthday of the Willey Building – a resilient building in a resilient community!
This Celebration is an opportunity to honor of the history of our most beloved building and to recognize how it connects us as a community. Over many decades, the Willey Building has been a constant in a sea of change. Generations have come and departed yet the Willey Building has stood fast in service to us all. At the dawn of its next century, we are taking the opportunity to show appreciation and further the legacy created by Charles A. Willey and the Ladies of the Judith Lyford Woman’s Club so many years ago.
The Willey Building Committee has launched a GoFundMe Campaign to raise funds to pay for this event. Funds raised will cover the cost of the memorial bench, the band, wagon rides, the publicity, and all the costs involved. Our goal is $6,000. The celebration is free to the public, so please contribute whatever you can. Thank you!
Schedule of Events
- The Melted Cheeserie (Food Truck)
- Vintage Vehicles and Farm Machinery
- Wagon Rides
Cabot Public Library:
- Meet Friends of the Library and the Cabot Library Trustees
- Peruse through Cabot Photo Albums with pictures and articles from 1914-present day
- Check out favorite children’s books from the 1920’s
- .25 cent popcorn!
In the Auditorium:
- Slideshow – Curated by Angela Ogle and the Cabot Historical Society
- Hors d’oeuvres of the 1920’s
Memorial Bench Dedication
Panel of Speakers in the Auditorium
6:00pm – Dinner Break
Concert and Dance in the Auditorium